Bed bugs are a nuisance that can quickly turn into a health hazard.
Bed bugs are common throughout the United States, even in super dry regions like Arizona. Once an infestation starts, it becomes a monumental effort to return to normal. So, the sooner you deal with them the better!
Think you got bed bugs? Here are the must-know tips from bed bug exterminators in Phoenix.
How to Spot Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are small, reddish colored insects that feed on blood.
Bed bugs are nocturnal, coming out at night to feed. A single female bed bug may lay hundreds of eggs in its lifetime. Multiply this and you can understand how infestations happen so rapidly!
How can you spot bed bugs? You’ve got to look for the signs:
- Bites — Red splotches and bites running in a straight or zig-zagged line is one of the easiest to notice signs
- Molting — Bed bugs grow fast and molt several times during their life, the collection of shedding is a sign
- Adults — Visual confirmation when examining bedding and habitual areas are a dead giveaway of bed bugs
Unlike dust mites that also infest and cause itchy issues, bed bugs are noticeable by the naked eye. Likewise, fleas and ticks act somewhat like bed bugs. But, the adults of these bugs and the unique characteristics of each are clear.
How to Deal with Bed Bugs
Dealing with bed bugs involves a mix of deep cleaning and management. The infestation is possible because they’re in an ideal habitat to eat and reproduce. Remove the habitat and you’ll begin solving the bed bug problem.
Do these actions to deal with bed bugs:
- Remove infested items from the area and run them through the wash/dryer
- Place larger items in bags/bins along to prevent spread (until help arrives)
- Clean and encase the mattress with a high-quality cover
You should also use this opportunity to do a thorough clean up around the infected area. Vacuum and wash items as if it’s a routine to continue combating the pests. It wouldn’t hurt to use bed bug traps in the area, too.
When to Call the Bed Bug Exterminators in Phoenix
A bed bug infestation can become overwhelming and too much for one person. When this happens, it’s time to call in a professional bed bug exterminator. These individuals have the know-how and tools to handle the toughest pest invasion.
Why hire the pros? Consider the advantages like:
- Saving time and money from having it done right the first time
- Removing the dangers of accidental chemical exposure
- Efficient actions due to trained and experienced skillsets
Check with several professionals in your area to get a great quote and service.
You Can Feel the Itch Just Thinking About It
Merely mentioning ‘bed bugs’ has you itching, doesn’t it?
Sometimes that itch is a reality. When you suspect your home or business has bed bugs, remember the insights from the bed bug exterminators in Phoenix! Quick action can (and will) make all the difference.
Looking for great pest control tips? We’ve got ’em! Check out articles, guides, lists, and more here on the site.