If you run a shopping cart website, you are probably seeing an increase in site traffic, as more and more consumers turn to e-commerce in order to beat Covid-19, yet without a digital marketing company in your corner, you will find it hard to achieve maximum exposure. As you would expect, digital marketing is very complex and in order to get the best results, you need to define your goals and work out how you are going to achieve them. Here are a few tips to improve the performance of your website and the buying experience of your customers.
- Fast Page Loading – If your pages load slowly, this will result in losing potential customers, as the modern online consumer expects fast page loading, regardless of how many images are on your pages. If you think your site pages are slow to load, talk to your web host provider, who would be able to upgrade your package, giving your website more bandwidth.
- Cyber- Security – Your e-commerce website should have a valid SSL Certificate, which is symbolise by a small padlock in the web browser URL window and the ‘s’ in ‘https:’, which denotes ‘secure’. If your URL begins with ‘http:’, then the site is not adequately protected from hackers and you should invest in obtaining a recognised SSL Certificate from your web hosting company.
- Search Engine Optimisation – Known also as SEO, this involves making the target website more prominent within specific Google searches and if you contact a leading Australian company, Move Ahead Media, digital marketing is their speciality.
- Calls to Action – If you place suitable CTAs on your website, you are encouraging the user to take the next step. Typical CTAs include, ‘buy now’, ‘learn more’ and ‘while stocks last’ and when potential customers click on calls to action, they are taking one more step towards making a purchase.
- Market Research – Every time you sell a product, it is a valuable opportunity to get some accurate feedback from your customers. You could, for example, send last month’s customers a short form to fill in, which will help you define weak areas that need improvement and this will make sure that any minor issues are quickly identified and remedied before too much damage is done. Click here for information about using technology to help your business handle the Covid-19 crisis, which might prove to be invaluable.
- Customer Reviews – These are regarded highly by the consumer, as reading other people’s experiences with your platform adds credibility to your organisation and by creating a testimonials page and posting customer comments, you are giving users a sense of trust. There are independent review organisations such as Trustpilot and forging an alliance with them will definitely benefit you if you are rated 4 or 5 stars. Online consumers do take note of these review companies and you should register and work towards achieving a high rating.
Of course, you can easily keep track of your web traffic using Google Analytics and if you feel site traffic is not what it should be, talk to a leading SEO agency who have all the digital marketing solutions.